Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Just amazing . . . .

Click here.  Then click play.  You will see Niner Niner Five depart KSRQ, fly to KBOW for fuel and lunch, fly home to KSRQ but with a couple of twists.  Literally!  Flying over the Sunshine Skyway was intended.  There was a first-time-ever-in-a-small-plane passenger aboard and you have to admit the Sunshine Skyway is one of the coolest tours in the area.  But the three 360s out over the Gulf were just because we were number 6 to land at KSRQ.  Number 6!  Never have I seen the airspace so crowded in the area.  At least I got to practice maneuvers.  But you can see without a ground reference you can make perfect circles but you drift with the wind.  What I could have done is marked a waypoint and flown perfect circles around that waypoint which would have supplemented my instrument training but I didn't think I was going to go round three times.

No comments:

Post a Comment