Sunday, February 11, 2018

Very few things about flying cause anxiety . . . .

. . . . because I long ago accepted the risks of piloting a small plane.  But, yesterday after landing on Runway 14 at KSRQ, turning off at Taxiway Delta, and stopping after the hold short line, this was the conversation after Tower handed me to Ground:
  • [Niner niner five]  Sarasota Ground, Niner niner five, clear of 14 at Delta, parking at Dolphin
  • [Ground]  Niner niner five, right turn off Delta, Alpha to Dolphin . . . and call Tower for a possible pilot discrepancy
  • [Niner niner five]  Delta then Alpha to Dolphin for Niner niner five, will advise when ready to copy phone number
  • [Ground]  You can get the number for Tower from Dolphin
  • [Ground]  Niner niner five, advise when ready to copy number for Tower, I can give it to you
  • [Niner niner five after parking]  Ground, Niner niner five ready to copy
  • [Ground]  941 XXX XXXX
What then ensued was a couple of phone calls between me and KSRQ Tower and at least one phone call between KSRQ Tower and Tampa Approach.  I only have half the story at this time, mine.  I will share the outcome of all this once the FAA investigates further.  Stay tuned . . . .


You can imagine this has something to do with airspace.  The picture above are the details from the ADS B OUT of Niner niner five for the flight at issue, VFR from KPGD to KSRQ.

I'm glad all of the communcations are recorded, and that I had three friends, read witnesses, in the cockpit.  (smile)



No comments:

Post a Comment