Monday, March 27, 2017

Aviation headsets should not be this hard . . . .


First headset, Kore.  Second and third headset, Faro PNR and Faro ANR.  Fourth headset, Lightspeed Zulu 3, also ANR.  I admit I started at $149.00.  Went right through $349.00.  Now at $850.00 I hope the Zulu 3 solves the problem.  I understand my issue is side tone and Lightspeed says this:
  • It also has an exclusive user adjustable mic gain adjustment to get the audio and side tone just right for all voices.
So far every headset I have tried does not have my voice in my ear or my passenger's ear until about the third or fourth spoken word.  ATC hears me 5 by 5 but it's annoying when I cannot hear myself or my passengers can't hear me from the first spoken word.  Safety is of course an issue, too.

David Clark was nearly my next try but they are at $895.00 and I understand Lightning is getting rated right up there next to Bose, who is at $1095.00.

Thank goodness for Amazon's return policy!


No comments:

Post a Comment